Typing icon

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Jul 24 15:05:05 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 11:56:46AM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
<snip>
> I've been using a dark theme for about a week now; this is the only
> problem I've hit, other than that some people who IM specify a dark
> foreground color without specifying any background color, making their
> text unreadable to me. There's no way to get around that without
> modifying people's incoming messages.

What applications are you using out of curiosity? pidgin is about the only
graphical application I use at this point, so things may have gotten
better since I last looked, but I seem to recall lots of people
complaining about lots of applications when using dark backgrounds the
last time I looked.

<snip>
> It costs us even less to just have a good icon. I'm sure it's possible
> to make the current icon not look blurry on dark backgrounds. Hylke
> just wanted to change it altogether because he's gotten other
> complaints that the icon is unsuitable or unrecognizable.

Like I said, my intent was not to have us not fix or replace the current
icon, but rather just to not have us spend anything approaching a
significant amount of time on this because we can alwas ship a secondary
icon that can be trivially enabled.

	-Etan