Proposal for an extended callbacks field

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Jul 26 16:34:53 EDT 2007

Andreas Monitzer spake unto us the following wisdom:
> >> This action prompts the user for the JID of the search service, which
> >> has the same issue as the gateway registration you're proposing: How
> >> the heck should the user know what to enter there?
> >> Right now you're prefilling the field with the search service of the
> >> local server, which is a nice pick, but not the only one possible by
> >> far.
> >
> > Same as above. Can you explain to me how making this class of things
> > members of the prpl_info struct will negate needing to allow people to
> > enter in JIDs that they may or may not have at hand?
>
> Discovery browser.

Please answer the question.  How does *making it a prpl_info callback*
change the game?  "Discovery browser" is not an answer to that
question.

  Why is it colder near the pole than in the tropical zones?

  Indoor heating.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.