Possible idea for pidgin's UI

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Fri Jul 27 11:14:56 EDT 2007

How does a UI like this handle the case when you are typing and your buddy
sends a new message? The only possibilities I can see are that the new
message appears 'below' your currently being typed message, which is
horrible and runs into annoyances if you add lines (since it would need to
push their message down) or that it inserts the message above yours and
probably pushes your message down in the window, which I would hate as I
don't want to have to change focus location while writing.

Did I miss an option? Would just removing the visible dragbar between the
two panes be close enough to what you wanted? Or is the you enter the text
and it stays in the pane part of what you want?

	-Etan