Pidgin Query

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:29:13 EDT 2007

* Nidhi Shirvastava had this to say on [31 Jul 2007, 12:15:58 +0530]:
> Can I create meebo like application in php using pidgin?

That may be possible. I don't really know how, though.

> Or How we develop a instant messenger application which supports multiple protocols in php?

This is possible. I wrote a nullclient in php once. It was back in
the 'gaim' days, and I called it 'phurple' (a mix of my
unimaginativeness and the then-secret name of the library). Apparently I
kept the code around, and more surprisingly, I even kept a README file
for it! Anyway, a s/gaim/purple/ on the files seems to be enough to get
it to 'work' again. I have also updated the README file, so please read
that before doing anything else with the rest of it. I have uploaded the
files here: http://pidgin.im/~sadrul/others/phurple.tar.bz2

Please note that I am not all that familiar with php, or php extensions.
What I did is purely experimental, which I could not continue after the
first day, because, apparently, I have other things to do. I am, however,
quite interested to see if it is possible/feasible to write a complete
and usable application in a scripting language (php, python ... I don't
really care what).

Sadrul