Pidgin Query

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:14:07 EDT 2007

I would think you would need to use something more along the lines of java.
Personally I don't like java but it sounds like you want objects on a web page
that talk with the server on the other end or talk directly to chat servers.
PHP from what I understand you have to submit each time to the server
to do communications. I'm pretty sure gmail uses something with
javascript to refresh your mail every so often and has a scripting
language like php to update your page. Its not instant. Javascript
itself might be another possibility but it would require a lot of code
to be downloaded each time. Even with a complete java client you would
be downloading the full app each time. To have something slimmer to
download from the page you could have a java servlet (which could use
libpurple) running on the server and a java applet that talks to the
java servlet.