Does pidgin need an Internet connection per se or can it run on internal Corporate LAN?

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Jul 28 23:02:19 EDT 2007

Nirbheek Chauhan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Bonjour does not require any configuration besides your screen name.
> If you and everyone else is on the same subnet, using bonjour is
> really trivial. IMHO bonjour will be a *much* simpler solution than
> setting up a jabber server. Its just a question of getting bonjour
> support compiled in.

Note that bonjour crashes Pidgin (finch, really) for me with some
frequency.  I think someone committed some fixes relatively recently
which may have made that better, but I haven't used it much lately, so
I cannot confirm this.

Ethan (who trimmed useless junk from the bottom of this email)

determined to commit crimes.