Sametime included in Pidgen

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Mon Jun 4 09:54:59 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:50:24AM -0400, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> I have used GAIM for quite a few years.
>
> I run Pidgen on Fedora 7 and have been having a LOT of stability issues
> which I use Evolution connector but have been having stability issues.
>
> I figured I would download the latest version and see if the stability
> issues persisted.
>
> After I tried to get pidgin.repo to work (set version explicitly to 6 vs
> $Release which wants to have Fedora Core 6) I figured I would give
> source a try
>
> I removed the Fedora 7 beta rpm install. Compiled from source and it
> installed and fired up fine..... but... no more Sametime.
>
> I have to have this for work. Is this still as a "meanwhile" packages?
> Or is this included in Pidgen?

This is more apporpriate for devel at pidgin.im than for
discussion at imfreedom.org.

We do still include sametime support, but only if the meanwhile
libraries are detected.  If you are compiling yourself, this means both
the libraries themselves, AND the development headers.  I can only
conclude that configure's automatic detection failed for you.

luke