Sametime included in Pidgen

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Mon Jun 4 10:17:38 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 09:54 -0400, Luke Schierer wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:50:24AM -0400, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
> > I run Pidgen on Fedora 7 and have been having a LOT of stability issues
> > which I use Evolution connector but have been having stability issues.
> >
> > I figured I would download the latest version and see if the stability
> > issues persisted.

Fedora 7 *has* the latest version already. I suggest you use that.

> > After I tried to get pidgin.repo to work (set version explicitly to 6 vs
> > $Release which wants to have Fedora Core 6)

Don't do this, it will only lead to problems.

> > I removed the Fedora 7 beta rpm install. Compiled from source and it
> > installed and fired up fine..... but... no more Sametime.

The Fedora 7 libpurple (& therefore Pidgin) build includes Sametime
support.

If you still have stability problems, you can install the
pidgin-debuginfo package and get a stacktrace as described here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces

Regards,

Stu.