pidgin plugins for corporate compliance

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jun 7 13:32:37 EDT 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:04:57 -0500, Richard Laager wrote
> On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 10:40 -0500, Casey Harkins wrote:
> > Hiding the plugin would prevent it from being disabled. Another
> > possibility would be to not hide it, but create a second plugin that is
> > hidden that would keep the other one enabled.
>
> Or you could just unconditionally return FALSE from the
> plugin_unload() function or something.

I looked earlier... I don't think we look at the return value from
plugin_unload().  I think we should, though.

Another possibility is to have two plugins that watch each other's status, if
one of them is unloaded then the other one loads it again.

-Mark