pidgin plugins for corporate compliance

Roy Rim roy.develpidgin at xemaps.com
Fri Jun 8 18:52:58 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

OK so I managed to finagle a solution from the suggestions :)

So I made the plugins hidden and load the plugins from within main in
gtkmain.c.  I use a third plugin for setting preferences.

I've had to modify the perl.c to recognize a "flags" key in the plugin
info hash so I could hide the perl plugin.

Just one last question, when I send out emails it generally tends to
freeze everything because (as I understand it) pidgin is not
multi-threaded.  I've been thinking about including blat or some other
email software and maybe starting a separate process for emailing
reports.  Any suggestions on the best way to start a separate
process/thread?  I'm gonna go read up on GTK but any help is
appreciated :)

Thanks a lot guys!

Roy