useful buddy "manager"

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Jun 12 10:34:53 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:40:23AM -0400, Luigi wrote:
> Hello all,
<snip>
> It would be nice if one could, say, right click on a buddy and go to Get
> Info and from there be able to do things to the buddy (local to the system).
> One of those things is to move a buddy from one group to another by either
> having a list of groups as a drop-down menu, or allowing you to type the
> name of the group (text completion of course since you might mispelled the
> group name and creating another group might not be what the user intended).

Having that as part of the Get Info dialog is absolutely the wrong place
for that, having a plugin add a 'Move Buddy To' submenu to the buddy entry
right-click menu is another story. And as you surmise not at all a tricky
plugin to write. I don't believe any such plugin exists at the moment.

<snip>

> --
> Luis Mondesi

	-Etan