does finch use buddy icons???

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:09:30 EDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Bill Fassler <bill.fassler at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As I am trying to cross compile finch to run on an embedded target I get
> more confused as time goes on.  I passed it the --disable-gtkui switch would
> I thought meant only compile finch, but I see buddy icons being compiled.???
>  Does finch actually use buddy icons?  I thought it was text only.

What do you mean by "you see buddy icons being compiled.???" I'm
guessing you see libpurple/buddyicon.c being compiled which doesn't do
anything UI-specific. It merely writes received buddy icons to a cache
that it manages.

Also, it's generally considered good e-mail etiquette to keep e-mails
on a related topic within the same thread. That would be appreciated.

-s.