Revision 939ee2e208dc3f250539351fb719eb083d259988

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Jun 17 20:50:52 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 12:30 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> > |   Use dynamically allocated strings for the user_dir caching.  Do
> > we need to free these strings at libpurple uninit?  If so, I can
> > throw in a purple_util_uninit() function.
>
> I think we should free them at uninit.  What was wrong with using a static
> buffer??

What size do you make the buffer? We were using MAXPATHNAMELEN (or
whatever it was called), which isn't defined on Debian GNU/Hurd as it
doesn't have any hardcoded limit.

I can add the code to free it on uninit fairly easily. The only use for
that, I think, is to avoid false positives in Valgrind. That's probably
useful though.

Richard