The Pidgin Certificate Manager

Pekka Riikonen priikone at iki.fi
Tue Jun 19 13:10:38 EDT 2007

:
: I'm William Ehlhardt, Orborde on IRC, and I was brought on through
: Summer of Code to add a usable certificate manager to Pidgin. For the
: moment, my work is limited to SSL X.509 certificates, but the aim is
: to make it extensible enough to be useful for similar certificate
: schemes, such as SILC keys.
:
Yes it would be nice to be generic solution so that other keys can be used
too.  SILC Toolkit 1.2 will have support for OpenPGP certificates and
possible SSH2 keys, enabling the use of these keys in SILC sessions.
X.509 hopefully comes at some later point to the SILC Toolkit.

You may also be interested to take a look at the SILC Key Repository API
that was introduced in SILC Toolkit 1.1 and will be extended for 1.2 to
support other types of keys and certificates (and possibly their
importing, exporting and verification (currently the API supports only
storing and retrieval, hence the name repository)).  It's preliminary in
1.1 but it's sort of similar of what you are doing for purple.
http://silcnet.org/docs/toolkit/silcskr.html.

	Pekka
 Pekka Riikonen                                 priikone at silcnet.org
 Secure Internet Live Conferencing (SILC)       http://silcnet.org/