Status indicators in tabs

William Ehlhardt williamehlhardt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:47:16 EDT 2007

On 6/23/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> The original issue was that, with the new "info pane," the status icon
> of the currently active tab is largely redundant. A few people have
> stated that the status icon in the tab is primarily useful for telling
> the status of the active conversation, not of others.

In order to address the "duplicate information" issue, how about
showing the status icon in the tab itself for inactive tabs, and in
the infopane only for the active tab?

I personally find the status icons in tabs to be useful, as I do not
have to summon the buddy list in order to see what status someone I am
talking to has switched to. While putting that information in the tab
as well as the buddy list is somewhat redundant, redundancy is
sometimes helpful in human interfaces, and I think that is the case
here.

-William