Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

SuperMMX supermmx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:04:40 EDT 2007

Hi, "Sean Egan" <seanegan at gmail.com> :

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:31:36 -0700
"Sean Egan" <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/25/07, SuperMMX <supermmx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > * The long one-line information should tooltipled the same as before to get
> >   the whole info.
>
> This is planned. The infopane is supposed to have the same tooltip as
> the buddy list does. For chats, this will contain the topic.

Great, :)

> > * For IRC channels, I will never alias them, so the channel name shown again
> >   on the infopane will waste some space and feels not comfortable to see two
> >   #NAMEs
>
> Then turn off tabs. Or the infopane. They're optional*. ;) Perhaps I
> should bring back status-icons-on-tabs, although I'm growing to enjoy
> life without them, and just use the fact that if you're bothered by
> information redundancy, you can just turn the thing off. ;)
>
> * The infopane isn't optional yet. Maybe tonight it will be.

If infopane is optional, will the topic be gone along ?

> > * For IMs, I prefer the protocol icon insdead of all the same green circle for
> >   different buddies of the same contact.
>
> The protocol icon will go the the left of the buddy icon, the same way
> it does in a buddy's blist node.

Right! This is exactly what I mean.

> > * The color of IRC channel topic should be different to the color of other
> >   state-changed tabs.
>
> I don't understand what this means.

I place the tabs on the top, so the topic on the infopane and the greyed-out tabs
are close and with the same color, sometimes it confuses me.

> > * By right clicking on the infopane, tt is better to list available buddies
> >   for current contact, instead of current conversation list, (which is the
> >   same as right clicking the tabs).
>
> The idea is that right-clicking will bring the same menu you get when
> your right-click in the buddy list. Left clicking should bring the
> list of available buddies, and replace the Send To menu.

Better than my idea, Thanks.

BTW, I am not always hanging in #pidgin, probably I will miss some discussion,
but I am willing to know more about what's going on for some big changes,
I think it would be better to send some mockups to the list for a glance,
maybe more ideas will come up :)

--
A. Because it makes the logic of the discussion difficult to follow.
Q. Why shoudn't I top post?