Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:31:36 EDT 2007

On 6/25/07, SuperMMX <supermmx at gmail.com> wrote:
> * The long one-line information should tooltipled the same as before to get
>   the whole info.

This is planned. The infopane is supposed to have the same tooltip as
the buddy list does. For chats, this will contain the topic.

> * For IRC channels, I will never alias them, so the channel name shown again
>   on the infopane will waste some space and feels not comfortable to see two
>   #NAMEs

Then turn off tabs. Or the infopane. They're optional*. ;) Perhaps I
should bring back status-icons-on-tabs, although I'm growing to enjoy
life without them, and just use the fact that if you're bothered by
information redundancy, you can just turn the thing off. ;)

* The infopane isn't optional yet. Maybe tonight it will be.

> * For IMs, I prefer the protocol icon insdead of all the same green circle for
>   different buddies of the same contact.

The protocol icon will go the the left of the buddy icon, the same way
it does in a buddy's blist node.

> * The color of IRC channel topic should be different to the color of other
>   state-changed tabs.

I don't understand what this means.

> * By right clicking on the infopane, tt is better to list available buddies
>   for current contact, instead of current conversation list, (which is the
>   same as right clicking the tabs).

The idea is that right-clicking will bring the same menu you get when
your right-click in the buddy list. Left clicking should bring the
list of available buddies, and replace the Send To menu.

-s.