Pidgin storing password in plain text.

Alagarsamy alagar at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jun 26 13:08:18 EDT 2007

Hi All,

          I tried Pidgin-2.0 for linux. I find it really awesome. I
added my yahoo account and also added auto-login feature for this. When
i see the accounts.xml file in $HOME/.pidgin/accounts.xml, I shocked to
see that my password was stored in plain text. Then I deleted this file
immediately and added the same account again without auto-login feature.
Is there any feature that the password can be encrypted before storing
in accounts.xml and can be decrypted while logging in?  If this is not a
feature currently, can this be added ? ( since people usually don't like
passwords being stored in plain text.

Thanks,
Alagar