Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:47:58 EDT 2007

Hi. There are some changes I have made, that I seem to like more than
what we have right now. The screenshots:

http://pidgin.im/~sadrul/ss/conv-bottom.png
http://pidgin.im/~sadrul/ss/conv-bottom-2.png

The things to note:
 * The status icon goes back in the tab.
 * The infopane moves to the bottom of the conversation history.
 * The protocol-icon replaces the status-icon in the infopane.
 * The status message/chat topic goes to the right of the screenname
   instead of below.
 * The tab is displayed even when you have only one tab.
 * You cannot drag-n-drop the infopane for anything.
 * The buddyicon is really cute.

Essentially, the infopane is not a part of the tab anymore, and it's not
exactly a blist node either. But I think it looks better, and is as useful
as it is expected to be. (the tooltip and a send-to context menu are also
in the plans)

Comments?

Sadrul

* SuperMMX had this to say on [25 Jun 2007, 15:12:38 +0800]: