Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:59:53 EDT 2007

On 6/28/07, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> I very much prefer having status icons in tabs.

We managed for 5 years before Etan thought "hm, I wonder if that might
be useful." And, now he's neutral on it.

I'm really neutral on the issue, I swear. My thoughts right now are
just that the tabs serve a purpose: to let you select and choose from
a a number of conversations. It's purpose isn't (directly) to serve as
a mini-buddy list, telling everyone your status. By keeping everything
but the text off of the tab, it serves its purpose much better.

I think, but could be convinced otherwise (though it looks like I may
have to concede without being convinced ;) ), that maximizing the
number of tabs in the window has a greater benefit than knowing the
presence of the buddies in that window.

-s.