compiling bonjour on mingw from 2.0.2 source tarball

David Byron dbyron at dbyron.com
Thu Jun 28 17:17:08 EDT 2007

I'm having trouble compiling libpurple/protocols/bonjour from the 2.0.2
tarball using mingw.

I get an error that dns_sd.h is missing.  Looking at some diffs from 2.0.1
it seems USE_BONJOUR_APPLE is now defined in
libpurple/protocols/bonjour/Makefile.mingw.  As I trace through the #include
directives from bonjour.c, I see:

mdns_common.h
mdns_types.h
mdns_sd_proxy.h (when USE_BONJOUR_APPLE) is defined
dns_sd.h (unconditionally)

but dns_sd.h doesn't appear to be in the 2.0.2 tarball.  It's in the 2.0.1
tarball I have so I tried copying
it but that doesn't get me much further as dns_sd.h is looking for howl.h
which I don't seem to have.

Grabbing the latest source from monotone is taking a long time...I'll look
there when it's done.  Can anyone shed some light on this in the meantime?

Thanks much.

-DB