Python interface and DBus

Eoin Coffey ecoffey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:26:50 EDT 2007

Slighty OT:

The goal of the mono-loader project is to make libpurple (and therefore
pidgin / finch) extensible via .net languages.  Wrapping up all of libpurple
so that you can write a standalone client in .net, python, java, etc is a
bit bigger of undertaking.  So there are some difference between what I'm
currently working towards and what sascha and co. want.  Creating language
bindings is something that I'd be interested in doing post-SoC (Sascha and I
have talked about this already I think), and could really provide a lot of
benefit.

-Eoin

PS.  Looks like SWIG stuff has already been kicked around on the wiki:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/IdeasForBounties