Problem running nullclient in MSVC

Tran Thai Son tofoneo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 22:59:57 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,
I'm newcomer of the Pidgin world, and here is my first interesting thing:
I'm trying to run nullclient.c in MSVC 6.0. Compiling and linking was ok,
but running the program caused "C0x0000005: Access violation." even before
the main() was reached. I think the problem maybe of loading dlls and/or
initializing static variables.
Here is what I saw on out-put window:
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\comctl32.dll', no matching symbolic information
found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ws2_32.dll', no matching symbolic information
found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\ws2help.dll', no matching symbolic information
found.
First-chance exception in t.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
First-chance exception in t.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
I built the dlls with mingw against the Pidgin's build instructions and took
the glib stuff from David Byron's discussions:
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2007-May/001015.html
Could anyone please point-out the problem?

Thanks alot,

SonT