Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:51:01 EDT 2007

On 6/29/07, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
> One word, inconsistency.

All of Firefox, Galeon, gnome-terminal only show tabs once there are
two. gedit always shows tabs.  Those are all the tabbed apps I have
installed on the top of my head. Obviously, there's inconsistency,
amongst applications, but no-tab seems to be more popular.

> In a few more words, I've grown accustomed to looking at the tab for who
> I'm talking to (which is at the bottom), not the top of the window for
> the title or the info pane.

"I've grown accustomed..." is an argument that, by nature, prevents us
from ever changing anything ever. I'm just enjoying experimenting, but
I suppose as we get to be an ever-larger project, there are inevitably
more and more people who don't want to bother with science experiments
;)

-s.