Remote controlling Pidgin?

Etan S. C. Reisner deryni at unreliablesource.net
Wed May 2 10:50:25 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 09:40:53AM +0200, Felix E. Klee wrote:
<snip>
> Why I need it? When I close my Laptop and it goes into suspend to RAM,
> then I need to make sure that Pidgin goes offline before the network
> connection is lost since otherwise I may lose messages sent to me
> e.g. via Jabber.

pidgin supports being built with NetworkManager support for *exactly*
reasons like this, so assuming you use NetworkManager (which I personally
don't) you can just build pidgin with support for it and it should handle
disconnecting and reconnecting for you automatically.

That being said a number of people have had issues with getting
NetworkManager to work correctly, but I don't know how common that is or
how hard it is to get working.

    -Etan