Fwd: [Pidgin] #552: Description disappeared from field bottom of the contacts list

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:31:13 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 16:36 -0400, Nathan Walp wrote:
> > Can this be a plugin?  Honestly, the old behavior irritated me greatly.
> >   I don't think it's a common occurance to change your type of status
> > w/o changing the message.  You're not going to go from "Away/In a
> > meeting" to "Available/In a meeting" or "Available/Anyone want to chat?"
> > To "DND/Anyone want to chat?"  it just doesn't make sense.
> I agree with nathan.

If you were being bothered too much, Ka-Hing, and wanted to set your
status to Do Not Disturb, would you no longer be "working at home"? If
you went out for lunch, perhaps you would update your status message
to reflect that, but there's a good chance you still want your
coworkers knowing why you weren't there.

When you are in one state with a status message, and want to go into
another state with no status message, this requires one extra
keystroke. In every other situation, this is just as good or better.

Anyway, we can argue about it after 2.0.0