AOL icon

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Thu May 3 00:28:57 EDT 2007

It's been pointed out that, while we don't show what protocol someone
is using, we retain AOL as an emblem, to show when a user is using the
AOL client (not the AIM client, but the AOL ISP thing).

Back in the day, I remember this was an important distinction for some
reason. I think maybe AOL people didn't have buddy lists? Or other
things? I don't know.

In any case, I'm guessing that the fact that someone's using the AOL
client is no longer relevant. Does someone with more familiar with AOL
know anything? Does Winaim still show if someone's on AOL?

-s.