Pidgin 2.0.0 RPMs

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Fri May 4 21:14:07 EDT 2007

Hey Peter!

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 08:18 +1000, Peter Lawler wrote:
> Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> > Pidgin 2.0.0 RPMs are available, I had hoped to get them into a usable
> > yum repo but we had some, umm, server issues, and that's not ready yet.
> >

> Stu,
> I had a quick go at building the RPM on a mates' x86_64 FC6 machine last
> night, using the rpmdev tools, and got the following error/s:
> cpio: pidgin-2.0.0/finch/<built-in>: No such file or directory
> cpio: pidgin-2.0.0/finch/libgnt/<built-in>: No such file or directory
> cpio: pidgin-2.0.0/finch/plugins/<built-in>: No such file or directory

These are weird.

> (then the big rpath warning.. then)
>
> ERROR 0001: file '/usr/bin/finch' contains a standard rpath '/usr/lib64'
> in [/usr/lib64]
> ERROR 0001: file '/usr/bin/pidgin' contains a standard rpath
> '/usr/lib64' in [/usr/lib64]
> ERROR 0001: file '/usr/lib64/finch/gntgf.so' contains a standard rpath
> '/usr/lib64' in [/usr/lib64]
> ERROR 0001: file '/usr/lib64/finch/s.so' contains a standard rpath
> '/usr/lib64' in [/usr/lib64]

This is why we had a billion beta releases. Are you saying none of the
betas exhibited these issues ? I suspect you have something in
~/.rpmmacros that is being (possibly legitimately) a bit too careful.

> For the life of me last night, I couldn't work out what to do to fix
> this. Mind you, I was down half a carton of Pale Ale.. so I'm not suprised.

I was down on beer last night (this morning) too, still need to figure
out how to re-balance from a 2.0.0 release. Never done this before.

> I won't be able to get back to the machine until early in the week,
> although with some luck I might be able to instruct the owner on how to
> build if there's anything we can change, etc.

I probably won't come back to life for a few days anyway. Someone should
buy me an x86_64 machine to play with.

Regards,

Stu.