Gentoo

Andrew Roeder correnthean at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 22:40:37 EDT 2007

>From: Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im>
>To: Eric Polino <aluink at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Gentoo
>Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:08:06 -0400
>
>On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 09:17:16AM -0400, Eric Polino wrote:
> > I've been a Gentoo user for a few years now.  I was wondering how
>Pidgin, or
> > any package for that matter, but in this case specifically Pidgin, is
> > released into portage.  Who is in charge of dealing with that?  I'd be
> > interested in helping out with that aspect of Pidgin work.  ...also
>because
> > I've notice a few things that are off
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eric
>
>The Pidgin development team has had nothing to do with the gentoo port.
>While rizzo worked closely with us while he was in charge, we rarely
>hear from the current maintainer(s).
>
>luke

The maintainers of packages are generally either Gentoo developers or
community members of Gentoo, if you feel a package is not being updated
frequently enough, or needs fixes specifically for Gentoo that are not being
implemented, you may contact the Gentoo developers concerning the package in
the portage tree.