Forward of moderated message

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Thu May 17 09:37:47 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 09:23:27AM -0400, Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 08:25 -0400, Luke Schierer wrote:
> > On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 07:55:12AM -0400, Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> > > This is not particularly clear from
> > > http://pidgin.im/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo I suggest fixing mailman so
> > > only Pidgin related lists show up on pidgin.im and IMF related lists on
> > > imfreedom.org
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Stu.
> >
> > I am open to suggestions on how to disambiguate the two lists.
>
> The way I've done this in the past is to make all lists "hidden" as far
> as mailman is concerned and create a non-mailman generated replacement
> for the listinfo overview page that only lists pages relevant for that
> domain.
>
> That was a while ago though, mailman itself may have improved virtual
> hosting now.
>
> Regards,
>

> Stu.

Mailman's virtual hosting is a lot more work to set up, and while I
could have created a lists.pidgin.im and lists.imfreedom.org, I did not
and do not really like that idea, I prefer it being devel at pidgin.im and
so on. subdomains are a requirement for using its vhosting if I read the
docs correctly. It also seems to expect that it'd be able to listen for
the incoming emails directly instead of having them passed on by
postfix.

luke