This is my new constructive idea.

James Lockie bjlockie at lockie.homeunix.net
Sat May 19 21:35:13 EDT 2007

Andrew Rodland wrote:
> Stop. Stop, stop, stop. Hurting. Open. Source.
>
> Reopen http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1134, then close it as "fixed" when
> you can honestly say you did. Or close it as "wontfix" to tell the world in
> plain terms that you don't think you need to serve your users.
>
> Andrew

I don't understand what the ticket is about.
It is not a very good bug report.
The bottom line (which someone else mentioned) is that you're free to
become a developer.
I don't think there is a stigma over forking.
I for one am happy with the direction pidgin has taken.
Maybe users should be allowed to vote on tickets like bugzilla so
developers can see these "thousands of users".