Google Talk

Chris Forsythe chris at growl.info
Tue May 22 20:31:02 EDT 2007

On May 22, 2007, at 7:23 PM, Peter Lawler wrote:

> Sean Egan wrote:
>
> Personally, I don't think Pidgin should bend to meet lame corporate
> marketing brands. It's almost like advocating a dumbing down of the
> UI.

We actually created a google talk and livejournal account in Adium,
out of anticipation of support requests. Before we did this, we had a
ton of problems with folks setting up accounts, even those who
followed the very explicit instructions on the google howto pages.
Afterwards, the only issues I've seen are from people who use google
for domains, which we defer to the actual jabber account itself.

I'd say that if you guys are having so many problems that you are
even discussing removing a ui on one platform to reduce them, that
doing something as simple as this is a no brainer.

Chris