Conversation window redesign

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed May 23 02:57:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 17:09:38 -0700, Sean Egan wrote
> Hylke has made some suggestions, and a mockup that should fix all
> these issues are at http://pidgin.im/~seanegan/convwindowmock.png I
> don't think I hate it.

I'm famous!  I like the icon at the top, I think it provides a more natural
association between icon and screen name.  Because right now with the icon
next to my text input box at the bottom of the window I'm like, "Whose icon is
this?  Mine or theirs?"

Showing the status message in the IM dialog isn't a bad idea... I think I'd
like to see a mockup of a Ethan's idea of a single line at the top of the
window that shows the buddies status message.

And I agree with Daniel O'Connor about the size of the text-input box.  I like
wide-open space and I've never been a fan of the auto-shrinking/auto-expanding.

I'm mostly in favor of leaving things the way they are, because I don't see a
strong need for change.  But I also don't really care that much.  I think I'd
be happy using any conv window you could throw at me.  Even if it used gtk 1!

-Mark