Pidgin - mobil phone/SMS service ?

Jesper K. Pedersen jkp at solnet.homeip.net
Wed May 23 07:04:32 EDT 2007

Just having started to play with my mobil phone using Linux for sending
and getting SMS' through the gnokii software I got to think - "wouldnt it
be nice to be able to interface the mobiles SMS (Short Message Service)
ability to your Pidgin software"

Two ways of doing this could be either using the existing gnokii system
for communicating with the sms daemon (over a database) or giving Pidgin
native mobile phone ability.

Using the "un*x" way of doing things it would be to use the existing sms
daemon ability of gnokii and just give Pidgin the ability to access a
message database (an option would be giving Pidgin native mobile phone
capability)

Anyone know of any projects working on this kind of thing?

Thank's for a great tool

Best regards
  Jesper K. Pedersen