GtkStatusIcon availability

André Lemos tux at tuxslare.org
Wed May 23 09:47:54 EDT 2007

Hi!

First and foremost, let me tell you that I am a total n00b at gtk+.

I've been going through gtk+ API's documentation to find out how to
retrieve the coordinates for the status icon on the notification area,
and I've found gtk_status_icon_get_geometry(), but it requires me to
have GtkStatusIcon.

The question is, I suppose libpurple doesn't provide me with this, since
that is something exclusive to pidgin (the GUI), so is there any other
way I could get this kind of information?

I thought that perhaps Notification Area could provide me such
information, but I can't find the documentation for it.

Thank you