Menu restructuring

jonathan jonathan.schluessler at gmx.de
Wed May 23 21:56:06 EDT 2007

Luke Schierer wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 06:15:16PM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> What do you think of this proposal:
>>
>> Help > Online Help is killed.
>> Help > Debug Window is moved to Tools > Debug Window
>> Help > About is moved to Buddies > About Pidgin
>> OR
>> Buddies is renamed to Pidgin and Help > About is moved to Pidgin > About Pidgin
>> (Buddies isn't an entirely accurate name)
>>
>> The allow_shrink property of the buddy list window is unset, making
>> the minimum window size equal to the width of the menu with only
>> Buddies (or Pidgin), Accounts, and Tools.
>
> I'm all in favor of s/buddies/pidgin/  and the other restructuring
> stuff.  I'm concerned about the shrink change, one of the original
> justifications for setting that was the length of some of the translated
> versions of the menu names.
>
> luke

I've just checked all my open programs and *every* window has a help
tab. So wouldn't it be a bit uncommon if pidgin would completely drop
the help tab?

If I hover help at other programs I can find things like:
* About
* Release Notes
* Online Help
* Link to official Site/Forum
* Bug Report
* "Tip of the Day"
* Check for Update

I really like the change of Buddies to Pidgin.

Jonathan