Menu restructuring

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:05:44 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, jonathan <jonathan.schluessler at gmx.de> wrote:
> I've just checked all my open programs and *every* window has a help
> tab. So wouldn't it be a bit uncommon if pidgin would completely drop
> the help tab?

Yes, it would. That's why I didn't just go ahead and do it without asking :)

The GNOME HIG (whose rules we tend to try to follow) recommends that
every "primary window" have a Help menu with at least "Contents" and
"About."

Most "primary windows" are not intended to be as narrow as Pidgin's
buddy list. We've been forced to allow the Buddy List window to shrink
as small as you want because the width of the menu bar is wider than
most people prefer it. I, personally, would rather have an enforced
minimum size, than I would a Help menu. I'm curious to see who agrees.

-s.