purple_ssl_close function problem (MSN Connection)

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri May 25 14:05:30 EDT 2007

On 5/25/07, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 14:43 -0300, Paranoid wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I found a problem in the "purple_ssl_close()" function in the file "sslconn.c".
> > Every time I connect to MSN protocol, an error occur because the libpurple try to close the same socket twice.
>
> Which SSL backend are you using? NSS or GnuTLS? You can find this
> information at the bottom of Help -> About.

Since this is on Windows, it is NSS.

I found the issue.

Since NSS uses wrappers for the fd (actually 2 layers - one for NSPR
and for NSS), when we close the wrappers, we should also assign -1 to
the original fd since the socket is closed.

I'm going to test my fix for a few days and then commit it.

-D