Fedora Core Pidgin missing SSL

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:48:06 EDT 2007

On 5/27/07, Ren Fur <renfur at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Server does not use any supported authentication method"

I don't believe that's still the error message for trying to connect
without SSL support. The error message should now be along the lines
of "You need SSL support and don't have it."

This error message may come up if you have a SASL library installed
but don't have the SASL plain authentication type. I've seen that
happen at least once.

> I have gnutls-devel but when I try to compile Pidgin
> the resulting binary either segfaults or is unresponsive. Will future Fedora
> Core releases of Pidgin be built with SSL support?

You should totally get a backtrace and report that.

-s.