Sametime included in Pidgen

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Thu May 31 12:54:25 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 12:08 -0400, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> > After I tried to get pidgin.repo to work (set version explicitly to 6 vs
> > $Release which wants to have Fedora Core 6) I figured I would give
> > source a try

I strongly advise you do NOT try running FC6 packages on F7. Pidgin is
in the main F7 repositories, and an update to 2.0.1 will be out soon (if
it isn't already). Fedora 7 has only been out less than 3 hours though.

> > I removed the Fedora 7 beta rpm install. Compiled from source and it
> > installed and fired up fine..... but... no more Sametime.

The packages we provide from pidgin.im have Sametime support in a
separate libpurple-meanwhile package. "yum install libpurple-meanwhile"

> > I have to have this for work. Is this still as a "meanwhile" packages?
> > Or is this included in Pidgen?

It is available both for our packages (see above) and included in the
default libpurple packge in Fedora.

Regards,

Stu.