Custom emoticons receiving future ...

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Nov 1 23:28:35 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 17:49 -0200, Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil wrote:
> Now our customer want's us to make a definitive cache for these custom
> emoticons, but I've noticed that this will be made available on future
> versions of the API.

What do you mean by "definitive cache"? Are you talking about an on-disk
cache instead of an in-memory cache? Or, are you saying they really
(definitely) want you to implement it?

Also, I don't know if anyone is currently implementing this cache. So,
if you want this to be available in the future, you'll have to write
it. ;)

> To create a fully operational cache outside the libpurple API

I think this is where you've gone wrong. Why wouldn't you implement this
cache in libpurple? The API already talks about a cache. It seems like
you should just write a patch to cache this in libpurple and you'll be
done, right?

Richard