Google Summer of Code - Remote Logging

Hajo Nils Krabbenhöft h at n0b.de
Mon Nov 26 20:16:55 EST 2007

Well i now got it working for me on windows & debian. I had to rewrite
the sd_sets function to get accountId and buddyId from conversations and
then used the buddyId to poll name and type out of the buddies table. I
also had to modify the sets operation data structure to save the set
callback and use it later on to insert new log entries into the set.
Otherwise the log viewer seems to "calculate log size" for an infinite
amount of time. With these modifications it's working stable for me as
long as i dont open the debug messages view. When i have that one open,
the program randomly crashes with gtk errors. I think this is because
the processing thread is writing to the debug log as well as the main
gui thread, but i need to check tomorrow. Also, the plugin does not
automatically reschedule failed database operations, so a sudden
disconnect could cause data loss X(
If using the summer of code branch, the plugin will show up in the
preferences where you can select between HTML, Text and Remote Logging.
I think that what is needed to make the current version accept the
remote logging plugin is to add the new asynchronous methods to the
logging api and use them when appropriate.
So my first goal is to get the plugin binary i have to load with the
newest pidgin.
If that works, then its not so important if the plugin actually compiles
since i can just use the binaries i got.