Google Summer of Code - Remote Logging

Hajo Nils Krabbenhöft h at n0b.de
Mon Nov 26 17:20:42 EST 2007

Well i've successfully managed to compile the plugin on a debian linux
as well as cross compile it for Windows.
The windows version was rather hard because i had to write my own .def
and import lib for the mysql libraries since mingw refused to use the
lib file from the mysql distribution. I also had to do some black magic
defines to trick libdbi into not including linux system headers so the
dll produced would actually run on windows.
So basically to compile libdbi for windows you need a custom .def and a
custom config.h and a custom Makefile .. not that hard.

My main problem right now is that the plugin seems to be out of sync
with its documentation (http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/RemoteLogging)
the plugin tries to do "SELECT `name`, `type`, `accountId` FROM
`conversations`" whereas the documentation does not specify the name and
type fields for the table conversations.
The plugin also crashes pidgin when i open a new chat window.