im.pidgin.pidgin: 541a0e3980189093a325ec6d71224176b7f2ab5d

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:57:29 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 10:30 AM, Daniel Atallah <daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I guess I never noticed it because I keep the entry field unnecessarily
> large :).  I do understand why it makes sense to do, but that doesn't make
> it any less distracting.

A lot of people kept it unnecessarily large because the auto-resizing
sucked; removing manual resizing was the easiest way to fix it. I
think this would be actually less distracting than "dancing widgets,"
because where the "dancing widgets" could happen on their own with
zero intervention from you, this "re-arranging" happens only by user
input in a very predictable, understandable manner.

> I think what is bothering me the most is the jerkiness as the backlog is
> resized.  I'm sure I'd get used to it, but it currently distracts me to the
> point that I have to remember to continue typing.

Would a smooth scroll better suit you? ;)

> I'm not sure what "restoring the pane" means.

It took me a while to figure it out too, but I mean bringing back the
GtkPaned widget that allows you to manually resize.