Video/audio support

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:41:48 EST 2007

Question on how to interface with the OS.
Since libpurple is cross platform how is it planned to work with v4l2,
v4l, bsd's implementation, mac video api and, windows video api?
I would love to see a cross platform implementation. Maybe there is a
way to get the windows api to a v4l?(I'll go look for one) I think
macs and bsd support the v4l api? no?

In the past I used gyachi to send and receive video on the yahoo
protocol. It worked but was buggy as can be. I would rather have a
cross platform implementation. Buggy is good because it shows the
concept and you can get money for concepts(I'd donate :-)). I use
multiple OSs I use both windows and linux(much prefered). I haven't
touched Mac or BSDs in a long while But I really like having
applications I can use on all platforms and share with everyone.
Pidgin is by far the best application that meets this qualification
for an Instant Messanger program. It is the OpenOffice of Instant
Messengers. Hmm maybe someday Open Office will interface with
libpurple for office communications.