Tab colors

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 02:39:58 EST 2007

* Luke Schierer had this to say on [28 Nov 2007, 12:39:12 -0500]:
[snip]

> That is why these colors should be themable via the gtkrc theme files,
> and why I have consistently stated that we would accept such a patch
> (provided it did not introduce any other bugs, so on).

How about http://pidgin.im/~sadrul/pp/tab_label_color_default.patch. The
corresponding entries in gtkrc-2.0:
http://pidgin.im/~sadrul/pp/gtkrc-2.0.sample. As the sample suggests,
it's possible to change more than just the color of the tabs.

In brief: the name of the widget is set appropriately depending on the
unreadness of the messages in a conversation. The possible names are:

  tab-label-attention
  tab-label-typing
  tab-label-typed
  tab-label-event

I have tested this with IMs. I haven't thought about chats yet. Perhaps
an additional 'tab-label-unreadmessageinchatbutnottome' will be
sufficient ;)

We can probably add stuff in the pidginrc plugin to set the colors.

This is probably not the best way of doing things. Any
suggestions/patches to make it better will be most welcome.

Sadrul