Finch and console ui

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:09:09 EDT 2007

* Bill Fassler had this to say on [02 Oct 2007, 08:42:21 -0700]:
> where does .gntrc reside in the directory structure?  I performed a
> make install in the pidgin directory so I figured .gntrc was installed
> properly in my target board's ROMFS, but I don't see it.  Perhaps this is
> my problem with the keyboard?

.gntrc is not essential for running finch. It's possible to customize a
few things (eg. colors, key-bindings etc.) in finch by setting the
appropriate values in .gntrc, which should reside in the user's home
directory. 'man finch' includes details.

As to why the keys aren't working: can you please send the
output of 'infocmp -L' (or just 'infocmp')? Also, since you have the
source, can you cd to 'finch/libgnt/test', do a 'make', run './key',
press some keys (eg. alt+m, alt+a etc), and see what the outputs are?
(press ctrl+c to quit). Also do the same for './keys'.

Sadrul