Naive query about open bugs

Michael Rozdoba mroz at ukgateway.net
Wed Oct 3 22:19:03 EDT 2007

I loved Gaim & am now getting to know Pidgin, having not used IM for a
good while.

The biggest issue I have with Pidgin is the failure of auto-away to
work, indeed it's virtually a killer issue for me, so I searched through
the bug tracker.

Seemingly this was reported in ticket 2175 three months ago back when
2.0.2 was current. The odd thing is, the reporter actually posted a
patch that's supposed to fix the problem.

I'm writing this post to ask if someone can explain why such a bug is
still open?

Please do explain if I'm merely being very naive &/or have missed a
simple explanation.

Lastly, are current dev builds available from any source? I'd love to
get my hands on a fixed version if & when it becomes available.

Thanks.

--
Michael Rozdoba