Naive query about open bugs

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Oct 4 00:10:50 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 03:19 +0100, Michael Rozdoba wrote:
> Seemingly this was reported in ticket 2175 three months ago back when
> 2.0.2 was current.

After seeing your e-mail, I took a look at the ticket and commented
there. I also added you to the CC list.

> The odd thing is, the reporter actually posted a
> patch that's supposed to fix the problem.

The patch is completely wrong. That said, it may very well "fix" the
problem, so you could build Pidgin with that patch to solve your issue.

> I'm writing this post to ask if someone can explain why such a bug is
> still open?

Nobody has taken a look at it. There are a lot of things to do and very
little time to do them.

> Please do explain if I'm merely being very naive &/or have missed a
> simple explanation.
>
> Lastly, are current dev builds available from any source? I'd love to
> get my hands on a fixed version if & when it becomes available.

We release very frequently, so waiting shouldn't be a problem.

Richard