Naive query about open bugs

Michael Rozdoba mroz at ukgateway.net
Thu Oct 4 10:48:49 EDT 2007

Richard Laager wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 03:19 +0100, Michael Rozdoba wrote:
>> Seemingly this was reported in ticket 2175 three months ago back
>> when 2.0.2 was current.
>
> After seeing your e-mail, I took a look at the ticket and commented
> there. I also added you to the CC list.

Thanks.

>> The odd thing is, the reporter actually posted a patch that's
>> supposed to fix the problem.
>
> The patch is completely wrong. That said, it may very well "fix" the
> problem, so you could build Pidgin with that patch to solve your
> issue.

/Reads ticket comment.

Ok, understood.

>> I'm writing this post to ask if someone can explain why such a bug
>> is still open?
>
> Nobody has taken a look at it. There are a lot of things to do and
> very little time to do them.

Fair enough - I was mostly curious as it looked as though a solution had
been offered.

>> Please do explain if I'm merely being very naive &/or have missed a
>>  simple explanation.
>>
>> Lastly, are current dev builds available from any source? I'd love
>> to get my hands on a fixed version if & when it becomes available.
>
> We release very frequently, so waiting shouldn't be a problem.

No problem. Thanks for getting back to me & not taking offence at the
question - I'm on some lists where that sort of question would result in
a stream of abuse & the usual 'fix it yourself, this is open source...'
response.

Great to see this bug is now assigned & included in the 2.2.2 milestone :)

--
Michael Rozdoba